1. Use of ivfworld.com: Thank you for accessing this website. Please take the time to read this Agreement before registering on ivfworld.com (‘we’ or ‘us’), as it enters you into a contract with us. Visitors who do not register for membership are also bound by this Agreement each time they access ivfworld.com. This Agreement may be changed from time to time and if this happens then the new terms and conditions will be posted on this page (see number 23 for more details).
2a. Patient Registration: You undertake to register using accurate and current information about yourself – including your correct name, address and any other requested details. You also undertake only to add yourself to a clinic which you are attending as a patient at present or have attended as a patient in the past and to provide the relevant dates and details. Only patients who are at or have attended a clinic are permitted to rate and review a fertility clinic. As part of the registration process, you will receive a verification email. In addition, members must update their details if there are changes within a reasonable timescale of the change occurring, so they remain true, accurate and complete. As part of the registration process, you will receive a verification email. In addition, members must update their details if there are changes within a reasonable timescale of the change occurring, so they remain true, accurate and complete.
2b. Clinic Staff & Affiliates Registration: You undertake to register using accurate and current information about yourself – including your correct name, address and any other requested details. You also undertake only to add yourself to a clinic which you work at or are affiliated to. Staff at fertility clinics are not permitted to rate and review fertility clinics.
Clinic Staff and Associates at fertility clinics receive a free Personal Notebook where they can tell other Clinic Staff & Affiliates about themselves and upload a photo. Clinic Staff and Associates are required to pay a membership fee to register on Ivfworld.com as a Premium Member and to use its services. Premium Membership gives Clinic Staff & Associates access to contribute to and edit the Feedback and Information Page of the Clinic they are affiliated with, which is a chance for them to have their say in response to Patients' ratings and reviews of their Clinic. They can also use this page to provide information about their clinic and can upload a photo if they want to.
Clinic Staff & Associates can also contact professionals and their affiliates working at other clinics through the private contact system if they want to. The latter can only be used by Clinic Staff & Associates members. They can also view ratings of clinics in their own country and in other parts of the world. They are not permitted to rate clinics or to write clinic reviews - that facility is reserved for patients only. As part of the registration process, you will receive a verification email. In addition, members must update their details if there are changes within a reasonable timescale of the change occurring, so they remain true, accurate and complete.
3. Membership Types: People become “Members” of ivfworld.com when they register and must be at least 18 years of age to do so. Patient Membership is divided into two main categories: those who are what we call “Standard Members” who do not pay a fee, and those who decide to pay a fee to become a “Premium/Full Member”. You are given a membership number and can choose a username by which you want to be known, so that you can post information on the site if you wish.
Patient Standard Members may do the following:
* Post messages on the message boards;
* Enter their own personal stories;
* Receive a Personal Notebook they can write notes in;
* Upload photos into their notebook on the site;
* Receive private messages from other patients sent via ivfworld.com by
* Enter details about clinics they have attended.
* Check to see how many other patient members live in the same location, have a similar condition or difficulty are of a similar age or match in other ways;
* Check to see how many other patient members have been to the same clinic/s.
* View overall clinic ratings.
Patient Premium/Full Members may, in addition to the facilities available above, do the following:
* View Detailed Clinic Ratings for individual fertility clinics.
* Read Reviews written by patients who are members that have had
treatment at fertility clinics and find out about their experiences.
* Contact Patient Members who are attending the same or another fertility clinic,
which they are interested in or may be planning to go to, through our Outreach
* Contact Patient Members who live in a similar location;
* Contact Patient Members with similar difficulties, who have a similar
condition or who are having or have had similar treatment.
* Contact Patient Members who are of a similar age or match in other ways.
* Contact Patient Members based on any criteria they choose to select.
* Contact both Premium and Standard Patient Members;
* Read notebooks of both Premium and Standard Patient Members;
* Look at photos uploaded by Premium and Standard Patient Members.
4. Premium/Full Membership: If you become a Premium Member, and pay the Premium Membership fee, then you are agreeing to take the Premium Membership made available to you promptly after that fee has been paid. There is no cooling-off period provided when Premium Membership can be cancelled. This means that you do not have the right to cancel your Premium Membership.
Premium Membership is made up of two components. Firstly, there is a “contact fee” that relates to your use of ivfworld to send an email. Secondly, there is a “subscription” that relates to the use by a Premium Member of the other benefits of the site over the subscription period.
If you want to continue your Premium Membership after the expiry of your subscription period, you can do so at the then current prices and terms. However, please note that we reserve the right to change the amount of the fee for Premium Membership, the period that covers it, the services that it enables you to obtain and other factors from time to time. However, these changes, unless they are changes referred to below, will not affect your then-current Premium Membership.
6. Ivfworld.com’s function: Whether you are a Member or just a non-Member who visits ivfworld.com, you acknowledge that we are not and cannot be responsible for the behaviour of Members – whether on the ivfworld.com service or outside of it. We provide only a venue where the ivfworld.com service can be accessed. Please note that we do not pre-screen or monitor the material contributed by members.
7. Other Services: From time to time, ivfworld.com or its affiliates may offer new or additional services through the ivfworld.com service. Your use of these services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, or rules of use, which you must comply with. These terms or rules will be notified to you on ivfworld.com in an appropriate manner, as determined by us in our reasonable discretion, any failure by you to comply with a material provision of the terms or rules of these services will amount to a breach of this Agreement.
8. Operation of ivfworld.com: Ivfworld.com reserves the right to withdraw or modify one or more aspects of the ivfworld.com service, or the entirety of it, where we have legal or commercial reasons to do so. There may also be times when the ivfworld.com becomes inaccessible as a result of technical difficulties experienced by ivfworld.com or on the Internet; we will, however, use reasonable skill and care to overcome these difficulties where they are within our control. Please note that there will be no refund of Premium Membership fees for withdrawal, modification or unavailability of the ivfworld.com service. For security or other reasons, we may require you to change password or other information which facilitates access to ivfworld.com.
9. Misuse of ivfworld.com: We reserve the right to suspend or terminate any Member’s access to the service, or parts of the service, and/or to edit or delete, or require the Member to edit or delete, material posted on ivfworld.com, if the relevant Member or material appears to us to breach any provision of this Agreement. Any person whose access has been suspended or terminated must not re-register for, or re-access, the ivfworld.com service without our prior consent. You are responsible for everything which is done on or through the ivfworld.com service while your Membership account is logged on to the ivfworld service.
10. Use of the service:
We do not have the opportunity to check that information posted on this site is correct and is not misleading. We do not warrant that the information contained on this site is accurate and we are under no obligation to verify any information that is contained on this service. Information posted by a member is only a description of themselves and you should not assume what is contained is necessarily correct or accurate. Before you act on any information contained on this site or received by you through the use of this service, you should carry out research and investigation, at your own cost and expense, that is necessary to satisfy yourself of the truth and accuracy of this information. If you arrange to meet with any person as a result of your use of this service, then you do so at your own risk and should take precautions you deem necessary to ensure your safety.
11a. Prohibitions: Ivfworld.com exists primarily to facilitate communication between its members. In order to achieve this, there are certain restrictions that must be applied to material posted or transmitted via ivfworld.com, including:
* Do not Include an email address, postal address, phone number, the address of any website, or any other information which is intended to facilitate direct communication, in material which is posted on ivfworld.com. Once direct contact has been made, Premium Members and the recipients of their emails can share this information if they wish at their own risk;
* Do not place material on, or otherwise use, ivfworld.com for any business or commercial purpose; or
* Do not use your access to the ivfworld.com service, or information gathered from it, for sending unsolicited email or spam.
* Use the 'Find a Friend' and 'Find a Clinic and Email a Friend' sections of the website in a responsible fashion, using the private contact and messaging service in these sections to contact directly and then to communicate through our Private contact system as much as you want with no more than two or three members. More than the latter is considered to be spam.
* Anything else in the opinion of ivfworld.com that appears to conflict with the spirit of ivfworld.com, even if not specifically prohibited.
11b. Media: Members of the media who are researching, preparing reports or want information for anything else related to their work and seek information about Ivfworld.com are not permitted to join Ivfworld.com. They must contact Ivfworld.com through the proper channels.
12 .Fees: You acknowledge that we are entitled to alter the amount or the basis of the calculation of our fees from time to time, provided that such amount or basis is stated at the time when you agree to take the relevant ivfworld.com service. Fees paid by a Member will not be rebated or refunded by ivfworld.com. No rebate of any part of Membership fee will be payable under any circumstances. We may add new or ancillary services from time to time which require the payment of fees – either to us or a nominated third party – on terms which will be provided to you at the time.
13. Payments for ivfworld.com services: If you are asked for, and provide, details of a credit, debit or charge card; in that event, you must ensure that (a) you are fully entitled to use that card, and (b) it has available funds sufficient to cover the charges which are deducted from it.
14. Obligations: Please make sure that no material you post, or which is posted through a machine on which you access ivfworld.com, nor any communication you make in connection with any service provided by ivfworld.com or any activity, will be capable of a) infringing the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; b) breaching any applicable law, whether criminal, tortuous or otherwise; c) or appearing to be offensive, threatening, obscene, pornographic, false, unreliable or misleading. (d) You warrant and represent to us that all information posted by you is true, accurate, complete and not misleading.
15. Alerting ivfworld.com: If you see anything on the ivfworld.com service that appears to infringe this Agreement, then please contact us to inform us of it by using the notification techniques made available. We do not generally monitor material contributed by Members before it is placed on the ivfworld.com Service, and so we are reliant upon users to point out anything which infringes this Agreement.
16. Termination of Membership and Withdrawal of Material: Each Member acknowledges that we are entitled to withdraw any material on ivfworld.com which appears whether it is based on information received from Members or others, or our own determination to be capable of breaching any part of this Agreement, or to bring the ivfworld.com service into disrepute. However, each user acknowledges that we do not monitor material which appears on the ivfworld.com service, and that we are reliant upon you and all users to notify us of anything you see here which appears likely to breach this Agreement, using the notification techniques which are made available on ivfworld.com.
17. Disclaimer and Release: ivfworld.com has no control over or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, truthfulness or timeliness of any material available on the ivfworld.com service, whether provided by Members or others.
- If any third party sites are linked to from the ivfworld.com service, this does not mean that we endorse or have any responsibility for the site in question or anything which appears on it.
- Clinics and listings that appear on the ivfworld.com site in no way implies endorsement of the clinic, physician or his/her services to the patient. Information provided on the ivfworld.com site does not constitute legal or professional advice and should not be relied upon without taking independent advice.
- We have no responsibility for content provided by Members or third parites and are merely giving you access to such content. We are under no obligation to verify the content of such information provided by members/third parties nor to edit such information. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the accuracy, reliability or truthfulness of any Member or third party.
- You should exercise no lesser degree of caution in appraising what you see on the ivfworld.com service than you do offline.
- Even though Members are prohibited from doing so, people may provide information, or otherwise behave, in a way that is unreliable, misleading or even illegal. Further, you should note that people may not necessarily be who they say they are.
- Your use of the ivfworld.com service is entirely at your own risk. Accordingly, you release ivfworld.com, those that run it, contractors and employees from all liability arising out of or in connection with the ivfworld.com service and the material included here by Members and other third parties.
- This site is not directed at people in a jurisdiction where the site’s publication or availability is prohibited for some reason and any person for whom such a prohibition applies must not access the site. Those who access this site do so at their own risk and are responsible for complying with local laws or regulations that apply.
18. Intellectual Property: You acknowledge that all copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to the ivfworld.com service (including the material which is contributed by Members) are owned by ivfworld.com. This includes, among other things, all materials, text, content, code, software, graphics, sound, photographs, artwork, illustrations, logos, names, formats, marks, files, devices and links contained within the site or linked to it. The content of ivfworld.com must not be used or reproduced either in whole or part for any other purpose, which includes for direct commercial gain or on or in connection with another website or publication. No one may copy, distribute, show in public or create any work that is derived from ivfworld.com, or any of the material on ivfworld.com unless properly licensed by us to do so. In addition, any links to this site must be formally requested and approved by us before they are created.
If you submit any material to the content of ivfworld.com, you are representing that you are fully entitled to do so; you grant us an exclusive, royalty-free, non-terminable licence right to copy, modify, distribute, show in public and create derivative works from that material in any form, anywhere; and authorise us to adapt the relevant material in the course of doing so, and so waive your moral rights to object to any derogatory treatment, or to be identified as the author, of the material in question.
19. Excluded loss: We will not be liable to you or any third party for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, or for any loss of data, profit, revenue or business, howsoever caused (whether arising out of any negligence or breach of this Agreement or otherwise). Ivfworld.com will also not be liable for any failure to perform of its obligations under this Agreement caused by matters beyond its reasonable control. We accept no liability for functions that are contained on this site and do not warrant that the site will operate error-free or uninterrupted or that any defect will be corrected. Neither do we warrant that the site is compatible with your computer or that the site or its server is free of errors, worms, viruses or anything else and we are not liable for any damage you may suffer as a result of the latter.
This agreement does not limit us to liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or any other liability that may not be excluded by law.
20. Maximum liability: Without limiting the preceding Clause, during any period of twelve months, the aggregate liability of ivfworld.com under this Agreement (whether arising in negligence or otherwise) will not under any circumstances exceed (a) £5, or (b) an amount equal to sums paid by you to us by way of Membership fees during the relevant period of twelve months, regardless of the cause or form of action.
21. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify us against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of this Agreement by you or through a machine on which you access ivfworld.com.
22. Assignment: We reserve the right to assign this Agreement, and to assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under this Agreement. You may not without the written consent of ivfworld.com assign or dispose of this Agreement.
24. Changes to this Agreement: Ivfworld.com reserves the right to change this Agreement from time to time, and post the new version on the ivfworld.com service, and the new version of these terms and conditions will take effect, and will govern all ivfworld.com services and your relationship with ivfworld.com. If you do not want to be governed by the new version of the Agreement, then you must cease to use ivfworld.com.
25. If any term of this Agreement is or becomes invalid or unenforceable by judicial decree or decision, the remaining provisions within the Agreement will not be affected and shall remain valid and enforceable.
26. Law: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England.
27. Contact. You can contact us by post at the following address: World Patients, P.O.Box 826a, Kingston-upon-Thames, KT1 9AT, UK. We do not accept cheques or postal orders as payment. Payments can only be made through the ivfworld.com site. Please make sure you include your full name, email address, fixed address and phone number with all correspondence.
MESSAGE BOARD AND HOUSE RULES
These rules cover posts of any nature anywhere on the ivfworld.com service, including message boards, personal stories, clinics section, notebooks, emails and anything else that is contributed to this service.
The rules are designed to help the ivfworld.com community remain safe and welcoming to all those who participate. They allow members to talk to each other, anonymously if they want, about topics to do with assisted reproduction. Because of the real-time nature of the message boards, it is not possible for ivfworld.com to review all the messages or confirm whether the information posted is valid. We are not responsible for any messages posted and do not actively monitor the contents of them. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message and are not responsible for the contents of any of them.
Messages express the views of the author of them, which are not necessarily the views of ivfworld.com or any entity associated with ivfworld.com. We rely on members to contact us if they feel that a message is objectionable via our ‘report abuse’ function. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we reserve the right to suspend or ban members who do not follow the rules. We may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately, because this is a manual process, but will do so as soon as we are able to.
You agree, through your use of this service, not to do any of the following:
· Do not transmit on this service any information, text, pictures, data, files, link or other material that is unlawful, abusive, inaccurate, defamatory, vulgar, hateful, obscene, harassing, threatening, profane, rascist, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
· Do not insult, embarrass, threaten, harass or cause distress to another member.
· Do not act in a negative manner that affects other members or disrupts the normal flow of dialogue.
· Do not impersonate any person, member or community host.
· Do not make libellous comments.
· Do not post your personal details such as phone numbers, email addresses or your address or URL or any other information anywhere on this service which would allow other Members and/or users to contact you directly.
· Do not buy, sell or donate drugs via the message boards or any other part of this service.
· Do not post material protected by copyright.
· Do not transfer, assign, part with and/or authorise any other person to use your membership.
· Links to or URLs of other community sites may be removed.
· Posts that are not in the English language may be removed.
· Do not advertise or solicit. Do not use this service or private emails for business, commercial, promotion, chain letters, junk mail or recruitment purposes to research projects or for anything related to the media (the press/media need to contact ivfworld though the press office). Do not use this site to promote another site or do any of the latter. Do not use this service for investment advice.
We reserve the right to ban a member who we deem has broken the rules or to delete anything a member has transmitted on this service for any reason or no reason whatsoever. You are solely responsible for all activities conducted by yourself or by others authorised by you or on your behalf on this service and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless ivfworld.com and their agents in respect of any claim that is based upon your transmission(s) on this service.
Ivfworld.com does not monitor posts and transmissions. It relies on support from members of the community to enforce the rules and maintain our standards of participation. If you feel that a member has violated the rules, then please notify us through the avenues provided on the website.