At our 12 week scan yesterday there was no heartbeat and our precious baby had died over the past couple of days. Totally unrelated to the bleeding and subchorionic hematoma that I had been struggling with (which had all cleared up judging by the scan - typical.)
So, instead of telling the world about our miracle, we spent yesterday weighing up the options - wait to miscarry naturally, or go for the D&C. Our IVF clinic can't do the procedure and there was no-one available at the hospital yesterday to talk to so I'm going to pop down this morning and see what I can do.
Meanwhile, just wanted to know if anyone had any advice as to what to do next? I had a natural miscarriage 3 years ago, at 9 weeks, which was 3 days of pure torture. But it happened straight away. This time as there are no signs yet of it happening, the doctor says that we could wait 2-3 weeks to miscarry. I don't know if I have the strength to carry on with life, work, Christmas, etc. with that hanging over me, knowing what is coming. And I am terrified that I will start to miscarry in public, at work, in the mall, etc.
D&C would help give some closure, and would mean that I could get back to work (I am stressing almost more about the pile of work on my desk / impending deadlines than I am about the miscarriage at the moment). But I know there are risks, especially for women like me with endometriosis.
Any advice / past experience would be helpful. What would you do?
Whatever you do it won't be easy but you need to work out what is best for you as everyone is different. Some people had a D&C and get it all finished quickly and other people prefer to wait and go through the whole thing naturally.
I would advice you to pop to the hospital and talk to a doctor.
You must be feeling very sad at the moment and I can relate to that so take it easy
I am sorry you have this awful decision. I have had a frew losses and have experience of both. Earlier this year I had an unfortunate termination of pregnancy at 12 weeks and had a D and C procedure at 12 week 5 days. It went as well as expected and I had a fast recovery home in a few hours from the day clinic. I had minimal bleeding and felt very well. I think as long as your pregnancy does not exceed 14 weeks, they are happy to do an D and C, after that it can be more risky. That was my 2nd D and C and I got pregnant very fast after my 1st one in 2003. Good luck with your awful decision. My heart goes out to you XX
ivfworld.com owns all site material which must not be
used without prior permission. Any views expressed in message boards,
personal stories, members notes, reviews or in emails represent the opinions
of the author and do not represent the opinions of ivfworld.com.